Author: Matt Jones
Coffee. Butter. Oil.
Individually these ingredients don’t make for the most balanced breakfast. But put them together and they make Bulletproof coffee, an energizing, frothy beverage that has become so popular recently that it has become the new power drink of Silicon Valley. So how did bullet proof coffee come about? Well, its creator, cloud-computing pioneer and “Bulletproof Executive” Dave Asprey, had a “Aha” moment after trying an interesting beverage made with yak-butter in Nepal, after a little tinkering he came up with the bullet proof recipe
Among Bulletproof coffee’s listed benefits:
- It triggers weight loss by way of(search at amazon “B00SODYZQK” )ketosis, , this is a metabolic state triggered by a lack of carbs which send fat-burning into overdrive;
- It kills troublesome cravings;
- It increases cognitive function
Above all, Bulletproof coffee is meant to be an effective, simple way to gobble down fats and calories (460 of them!) without breathing in a single processed carb. The idea goes like this; Why eat and have a full cooked breakfast that will only add to your belly, when you can chug down a metabolic supercharger and be on your way?
Bulletproof Weight loss & Maximum Energy.
Disclaimer: The combination sounds terrible. In fact, when I first heard about it I didn’t touch it for a good few months because I thought the recipe sounded “ify“. But after I overcame that, rest assured, it tastes like a creamy latte.
Disclaimer 2: The guy who made this coffee popular peddled this recipe so he could sell his own brand of coffee and (search at amazon “B00MGW5UVY” )MCT oil, (by saying his brand was “low toxin”). I believe this is mainly hype and another way to promote himself and products. That said, the coffee recipe is still a good one.
Disclaimer 3: There has been misuse of Bulletproof Coffee with people using it as a meal replacement. I would strongly advise against that.
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- Any high quality coffee you want
- Unsalted Grass Fed Butter (Kerrygold)
- 100% Pure MCT Oil (important that it’s pure and not cut with crap oils)
Try and ensure that the butter you use is grass fed. Kerrygold is a popular brand that most people have available to them. Fat from grass fed cows is not the same as the fat from grain fed cows. Grass fed is far superior in every sense.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee
- Place 2 to 6 tablespoons of grass fed butter in large cup or mug.
- Pour 1 to 3 tablespoons of 100% pure MCT oil over the butter.
- Brew 16 ounces of coffee and pour into the mug.
- Blend with an immersion blender.
Bulletproof Weight loss is Great for People On the Go
Bulletproof Weight Loss Testimonials
“BulletproofExec.com is a very interesting, worthwhile site to check out to see how someone forges their own path in health…the coffee tastes really good!”
– Mark Frauenfelder, Editor in Chief of MAKE Magazine and Co-Editor of BoingBoing
“One of my friends has a family tendency towards high cholesterol. To combat it, his doctors put him on a vegan diet.
In contrast, I’ve been following Dave’s principles for the past 18 months, and my HDL levels recently tested at 110, which basically means I’m immune to heart disease. Meanwhile, nuts, dark chocolate, avocado, and butter are stalwarts in my diet. I’m sure I get at least 50% of my calories from fat. And I’ve never felt better.”
– Chris Yeh, former CEO of ustream.tv, well known angel investor, and Chairman of the Harvard Business School Technology Alumni Association.
“48 hours on The Bulletproof diet. 4 pounds of weight lost, 1 inch off waist, super regular digestion, gone from trim to ripped. Um, holy shit.”
– Cadence Case, @cadencecase
Testimonial Source: https://www.bulletproofexec.com/what-people-say
Love this article? Spread the good word and share on Facebook